7.01.2010

Old Quilting Buddies

For last week's You Capture theme, Down Low, I took a picture of the treadle on Granny's sewing machine. . . this week, the theme is chairs, and as I'm still obsessed with quilting, and family, and traditions, I decided to post this picture. The chair is an old cowhide chair that's been in the family for eons. And, the cushion on the chair is one that my Maw-Maw quilted. I inherited it when she and Paw-Paw moved into the nursing home this year. They don't have any now, but when I was growing up, every chair in her house was covered with a quilted cushion very similar to this. It gives me the warm fuzzies every time that I see it.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. What a great photo of your family treasure :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! My heart. I love this! Especially 'cause I'm a quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for quilting! I'm just trying to get started. It's the one craft that I've really put off. . . I think because I know that it requires a bit more skill and patience than others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful imagery - both the photograph and the story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful picture. I love the chair, looks like some very fine carperntry. That yellow quilt looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors... great photo!

    ReplyDelete